Monday, June 29, 2009

Game 6: Now we're getting somewhere...

Exactly the same settings as Game 5:
  • Advent
  • Hard
  • 1 v 1
  • Medium map
My goal in this game was to get one of each capital ship for the achievement.

The AI was more aggressive early on. I had slow expansion and spent a while locked in fighting off the enemy fleet before expanding. I learned in the midgame I should have split my fleet into a defensive fleet, an offensive fleet and a coloniser. Interestingly I achieved my goal of one of each capital ship but I also never lost a capital ship.

Had a quite interesting situation where I kept fighting the AI in a system with some kind of plasma storm that disabled all strikecraft - not sure if AI did it to me deliberately or not.

My economy was quite weak - I had some trade ports but no refineries or culture. I found around halfway throug I started losing tech focus and in hindsight focussing more on fleets or higher level techs would have been more productive.

I got a win after 3 hours 17 minutes. I reckon I could shave 20 minutes off by managing expansion better and another 15 minutes off by more sensible teching.

What shall the next game be I wonder....

No comments:

Post a Comment